If you eat sugar, this blog is for you.

We don't think a lot about sugar. Its free at shops, hotels, and restaurants. Its in almost everything we eat, and it's a luxury. Even if we are poor, we can still buy a sweet sometimes. For us, over a million tonnes of sugar is brought into Canada each year, and that doesn't count corn-based sugars. Who grows this sugar? Do they like their job? We get coffee breaks, get paid 'fairly', and still have a job after recovering from an illness. I want the millions of people who work in sugar production to have these things too, and I can help with that. So I've decided to get a tattoo, give up sugar, and blog about it.

Friday, November 27, 2009

Oversight! (delayed post)

T-Minus 10 Days

Thanks to a comment made, I've been lead to change my initial rules.. I totally left out the option of tree syrups! To those of you who say, "Tree syrups? I thought there was only maple syrup!", think again! Birch syrup is also harvested and added to food in Thunder Bay, and many other Northern locales. If you're lucky, you'll come across some one day. Like on the internet, right now. *wink*

Naturally occurring sugar totally produced in Canada! Why didn't I think of it sooner?
Thanks Pat!

No comments:

Post a Comment